Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Drawing Day #30 & #31

Has anyone seen The Illusionist? It is European animation about an old magician who meets a young girl during one of his travels. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but I really do recommend watching it; it is a beautiful animation with good storytelling and humor.
Moving on, the last few days were not my most productive, I've been meaning to working on my figure drawing skills so I can be prepared for the fall semester figure drawing sessions. Here's what I did yesterday:
They were drawn from a book, just to get an idea of gesture. I do plan to work on construction and form sometime soon, once I get a better understanding of gesture.
Today I worked a little on facial features (though in all honesty, I spent most of the day driving and sleeping).

The head above is a practice human character I have in mind, still working on making my characters less anime-like. For tomorrow, I plan to work more on getting the human figure down, whether it's tracing from text books/magazines or drawing from real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment