One class we had was a series of space planning projects, first starting with an existing building, we worked in groups of 4 to create the plans, elevations, modules, and whatever else we can do to show how much we understand our overall building. This one is known as the Adobe Utah Campus.
Sadly the JPEG file of the whole project is too big to just project, so you're going to have access it through this link and might even have to download it... sorry.
The second project involved taking the existing space we had and creating something in it, so our group we had to create an open cafe using a special wall we did in another class.
This is a big file too, and it can only be seen by downloading it...
The third and final project for the class was taking an office building, and using the first five floors to fit in the program requirements for a fashion store/office space. Originally we were set in different groups of four at the start, but then we had do the project individually in matters of design.
The image above is the overall floor plans done with a bubble diagram of the entire program
The two images above are modules, 7 zoomed in plans of certain spaces being represented in the building with texture palette.
This last picture are four renderings of 4 out of 7 modules with two overall section cuts and a 3/4 diagram of the entire building. Everything took a lot of time and effort, especially the model making part.
In our other class, we had to experiment with different model making techniques. Our first project involved folding, first we started with paper and then we moved on to a material that we could fold, for our group we choose metal:
These two above are the final folds we made for our class, each are about 16" x 20"
For our next project, we had to create molds using certain objects as a cast and plaster. Our group had a bit of a struggle with making any, in the end we ended up with these:
The third project involved tying and knotting with string like material, we each had to come up with two model each, then decide on how to make the final based on each other's models:
Here is one of the models that was used for the final, which is suppose to be one of 4 models to tied together as one model.
For our final, we had to take one of the models we made throughout the semester and make it fit into an office space, for ours we did a reception space with one of the folding models we made to make a wall/ceiling:
This is the pdf file of the finish plan:
And this is the pdf file of the furniture plan:
In another class, we had to learn a bit about lighting, though it was mostly observing how different types of lighting/light sources work in various situations. In one project, we had to create a lamp enclosure based on the architect/architect company we had to study. For me, I had to study a company called Snohetta, and ended up creating a simple lamp enclosure like this:
That pretty much concludes my big update, I did had a business class focused on our major, though we did not do any actual models or drawings for our projects. I did do a few sketches a while ago, though I do not think they are worthy for internet viewing... at least not yet. Hopefully I can get something in before the end of summer vacation, it's all in a matter of getting started and whatnot.