Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Drawing Day #79

I'll be completely honest, I've been kind of out of it for the past few days (possibly because of stress for heading back to school and car lag from the long road trip). Tuesday I didn't do a thing, I was still feeling tired and dizzy from the road trip... or at least that's what I think it was. Wednesday, I had to work on something for a fan site I'm a part of, and spent most the day making music videos with a Windows Live Movie Maker. For today, I got a chance to go out for lunch with my dad, and I managed to get in part of a person before the food arrived:
There was another person in the way, which is why he's incomplete. I was mostly just trying to get in the gesture along with proportions (though it doesn't look like it). I remember one of my art professors telling my class that it's good to have a sketchbook of horrible drawings, cause failure is the best way for one to keep growing. Sometimes I question that theory, but it does make sense in the long run, it's just hard sometimes to see your own progress from your own point of view.
Moving on, I decided to try cartooning again (don't ask why, I don't really know either). This time I based this picture off of a drawing from a graphic novel, I'm not going to say which, but you may be able to find out if you know it. Warning: if you find naked girls offensive, you don't have to look at this... and... please don't think badly of me for this:
This was mainly practice to... bring out a little sexuality for certain female roles. Plus this was good chance to practice drawing out an illustration, along with bringing in a little more detail with colored pencils.
Anyway, I plan to move back to campus on Saturday, so I may need to prepare myself by packing tomorrow. Though I'll try to come up with something; cross fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment