Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall Drawing Day #35 through #42

It has felt like forever since I last updated... I can barely remember what happened the past couple of days, or even what I was stressing out about....
Thursday was my fun day, unfortunately I didn't do any drawings... I got to bake banana bread for fun and hung out with some friends. We played some games together and ended up seeing Brides Maids, a really funny, over the top movie, maybe one of the best chick flicks I've seen.
Friday I had my anatomy class, there we were learning the front torso, and a lot of animation techniques. Out of the few figure drawings I got to do, I found this one to be the best:
I'm pretty sure this was done in twenty minutes, I really like how the posture turned out, still not too sure about the anatomy...
Saturday was my school work and study day, I did go out and draw a few people, but none of them turned out too good. Plus I mostly just did torso tracing, to get a better idea of how to draw out the torso in matters of anatomy.
Sunday was a disaster... Sometime around 12:30, the fire alarm in my apartment went off, while I was drawing in my anatomy book, I just left thinking I'd be back in a few minutes, which ended up being six hours. What some say happened was that one of the residents on the 12th floor hung up his clothes on one of the sprinklers, which broke the pipe or something... causing a massive flooding all the way down to the ground floor (thankfully my room wasn't affected). I was with two of my suite-mates at the time, thinking we would be out all day, we went to my roommate's house to settle and study a bit. All I had then was my personal belongings and my sketchbook, so it was actually a good opportunity to practice visual drawing. I tried drawing my hand a few times, out the few, I think this turned out okay:
 The fingers still seem pretty off to me, hands are still a tough thing for me...
When we were finally allowed back into our apartment, I worked a bit more in my anatomy book, and ended up with this (this is a copy from Hale's Drawing Lessons from the Great Masters):

I personally like the turn out, when I get the chance, I might add in the leg muscles, and maybe work in a few more details.
Monday was my busy day of course, but I ended up getting really dizzy and sick after my last class... so I didn't do any figure drawing... I think it was probably due to stress and possibly exhaustion.
Tuesday was a little easier for me, but I had to spend the whole day working on my computer animation along with studying for an art history exam (maybe it's just me, but it's been getting harder and harder to find the time to settle and just draw).
Wednesday was another busy day, had quite a few things due for each of my classes, but got quite a bit of work off my chest.
Today was another easier day, though a little wet due to rain. However, instead of drawing, I did some research and studying for one of my GE classes. Later that day, I got to do some figure drawing after a club meeting. Tonight did not really seem like my night... but I think this one turned out okay:
This was done in twenty minutes (I seem to have issues in drawing figures a small amount of time).
That's pretty much it for now, sadly... I still have some other work to do this weekend, but I hope to get back into drawing daily again... however in times like these I can't really say...

1 comment:

  1. Nice job. I especially like the first one with his torso and face. Hands are definitely a hard subject to draw. Perhaps it'll help if we use circles for the thumb muscle fat thing? (I think they're abductors or flexors. Not too sure.) As for the last one, the head might be too small. I know even Sheldon has problems with that. I try to keep the head for last so that I can make sure it's an ok size. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete