Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Absent

Just wanted to explain my absence from posting... now I'm starting to reconsider doing this blog anymore...
During the week before Christmas day, I had to do some Christmas shopping for my family, plus I had to finish a drawing for a secret santa gift exchange I participated in on facebook.
The week after was mostly a little week vacation, I did a few sketches and scribbles here and there, but I'm not too happy to post them. In all honesty, I think I just lost my inspiration to draw... or I'm just having a lot of trouble getting started again. Hopefully this is just a passing thing that I'll eventually get over, like everything else. 
According to many of my colleagues, art professors, and some professional artists, many tend to think that their own art work is never good enough (mainly a sense of modesty). Strangely, this is natural thing, since the key to growing and getting better at something is to fail and keep learning from your mistakes. Yet many tend to take failure as a negative thing, since many of us probably think we're being judged based on success or failure in school and life in general. Though that's natural too, since we all want to be successful and great at what we each choose to do. 
Anyway, I'll try to get back to you all sometime this week with something... but if I stop posting entirely don't be surprised...

1 comment:

  1. When I lose inspiration, I watch classic animated films. When I see what I have been learning at school applied beautifully by the old masters, it puts a smile on my face and keeps me going.

    I believe that an artist thinking their work is not good enough is partially about being modest, but mostly out of honesty with one's self; Like a runner who is making a good pace but looks out to the distance and knows that the journey is not even close to getting done (if it ever will be).

    ReplyDelete